Bruce Peninsula Biosphere Association
Application for Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger
for qualifying businesses
The Biosphere Association is pleased to announce that, with support from the M H Brigham Foundation, we will be offering 50 free electric vehicle Level 2 chargers. The Association is offering hotels, motels, inns, campgrounds and B&Bs funding for ESVE1 equipment that will allow their clients to charge their electric vehicles (EVs) when they stay overnight. This will reduce carbon emissions and allow accommodators to offer an additional service to environmentally-minded guests who drive EVs.
Successful Applicants Receive
- One Level 2 electric charger (possibly more, depending on availability)
- Mounting hardware
- Cable with 240-volt plug (EVSE cable with industry standard J1772 plug)
- Up to $1,000 for installation costs (charger requires 240V circuit with 30 amps minimum)
- Opportunity to target environmentally-minded guests who drive electric vehicles
1EVSE stands for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
Applicant Details (*) reguired field
Please include any additional information that will support your application (e.g. why your location should be preferred; how many, if you would like more than one charger, etc.)
Additional Information about this Opportunity
Application Deadline: Deadline extended to March 15, 2021. Chargers will be available by the end of March.
Installation Deadline: July 1, 2021 (after July 1 but before Sept 1, you will receive 90% reimbursement)
Installation Requirements: Your installer, typically your electrician, should review the installation requirements for the charger, which can be found at www.grizzl-e.com.
Successful applicants agree to install the equipment, and if the installation is not completed by September 1, 2021, to return it in good condition to the Biosphere Association for use by another location.
Simple Process to Claim up to $1000 in reimbursement for installation costs
- Fill in an Expense Reimbursement form.
- Support claim with copies of invoices and a clear photograph of the installation.
- Claims will be accepted until September 1, 2021.
Advertising Availability of your Charger to EV owners
- List your charging station on various EV apps, such as Chargepoint
- Install appropriate location signage, so it’s easy for EV owners to find you and the EV parking spot
If you have questions regarding this program please check the FAQs on the Biosphere website www.bpba.ca, or contact Glen Estill, 519-793-6212, or 519-379-1499, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By signing below, you agree:
Should this application be approved, you will participate in this Biosphere Association program in accordance with the terms described above. Further, If this application is approved, you agree to install the free electric ESVE equipment at your approved place of business by July 1, 2021 or if it is not installed, you agree to return it in good condition by September 1, 2021.